Financial Aid

We are a Veteran Friendly School

Great Lakes Truck Driving School prides itself in offering affordable training programs and has many potential funding options for those who qualify. Students must qualify for the funding listed in order to receive an award. Students should discuss their eligibility for GI Bill® Benefits and/or Training Grants with their Admissions Representative. All other funding options should be discussed with the Financial Aid Office.

Financial Aid Resources


Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund – CARES Act

Great Lakes Truck Driving School has applied and been awarded a Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Grant by the Department of Education. We have signed and returned the Certification and Agreement to the Department of Education which assures that the institution has used or intends to use, no less than 50% of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.

The total amount awarded to Great Lakes Truck Driving School for students is $71,220. To qualify for a grant under this program, students must be enrolled in a regular program and qualify for Federal Financial Aid. For more information click here.

Financial Aid for Great Lakes Truck Driving School is available through:

Net Price Calculator
Post 9/11 GI Bill - It's your future Post 911 & GI Bill Accepted Here


If you are interested in obtaining Federal Financial Aid for an eligible program, please visit and apply!

Apply Now

Financial Aid Office Personnel

The list of Financial Aid options available is constantly growing!
  • Doris Young - President/Owner
  • Phone: 440-236-3436
  • Fax:440-236-3507
  • Holly Barta - Compliance Officer
  • Phone: 440-236-3436 x222
  • Fax:440-236-3507
  • Melissa McClendon - Financial Aid Officer
  • Phone: 440-236-3436 x231
  • Fax:440-236-3507

What to Bring to Your Appointment

  • Tax Returns

    2017 Tax Returns

    If you don’t have a copy of your tax return, you can get another one from wherever you filed, or, via, 1-800-908-9946

  • Diploma or GED

    Diploma or GED

    If you need a copy of your GED you can go to for one. If you’re a veteran, bring your DD-214.

  • Driver's License

    Driver’s License

    Must be a valid Driver’s License

  • Certificate of Eligibility (COE)

    Certificate of Eligibility (COE)

    If you are a veteran please bring your COE with you as well.

  • Social Security Card

    Social Security Card

    If your card is missing, you may request another one from a social security administration office, find your nearest office here.